The STEPcode project is a collection of open source libraries, tools, and resources that revolve around the technologies of ISO 10303, a.k.a. STEP, the STandard for the Exchange of Product model data.
STEPcode provides a cross-platform (Linux, OSX, and Windows) implementation of
- an EXPRESS schema parser with bindings provided in C, C++, and Python
- libraries containing classes to represent SDAI (Part 22) objects
- a library that allows STEP Part 21 files to be read and written
- various utilities, test routines, and test schemas
The BSD license allows commercial use. In addition, STEPcode is used in other open source projects such as BRL-CAD and SCView.
STEPcode traces its roots to the NIST STEP Class Library (SCL) which was developed between ~1987 and 1998.
See also: History, List of external resources, List of OSS or free STEP programs
We're participating again!
See the Checklist and the BRL-CAD project ideas. If those ideas don't interest you, you can also look at the longer list of projects on this wiki.
- STEPcode mailing list on google groups (new users are moderated to discourage spam)
- #stepcode on freenode - use an IRC client or your browser. There is also a log thanks to Tim Rikers.